From footprint to handprint
Corporate responsibility and societal impact are the cornerstones of Tesi’s operations. We see businesses as key players in solving global challenges in a sustainable way. Therefore, the society as a whole benefits from what growth companies and their investors are able to accomplish.
Responsibility in our daily operations
Responsible business is a competitive advantage and a prerequisite for long-term success.
- We invest in venture capital and buyout funds whose managers operate in accordance with the principles of responsible investment.
- We follow a systematic accountability assessment of our target fund managers. Every six months, we evaluate their responsibility policies, their integration into day-to-day operations, staff training and the level of reporting.
- Finnish fund management companies take responsibility well into account in their operations and are more familiar with ESG matters than their international competitors.
- Tesi acts as an advisor and as a general partner of the Kasvurahastojen Rahasto funds-of-funds that it manages through its subsidiary Tesi Fund Management Oy. Disclosures of Tesi Fund Management under the EU sustainable finance disclosure regulation (SFDR).
- In direct investments, we conduct an ESG assessment of the company, which seeks to identify the company’s key risks and opportunities related to environmental issues, social impact and governance, as well as areas for development.
- We promote responsible business through active board work and through working groups and committees. A member of the Board appointed by Tesi plays a significant role in corporate responsibility matters. The member must ensure that management understands the importance of corporate responsibility and its components, and that the company’s operations are at a sufficient level to safeguard the company’s value and long-term business opportunities.