From footprint to handprint
Corporate responsibility and societal impact are the cornerstones of Tesi’s operations. We see businesses as key players in solving global challenges in a sustainable way. Therefore, the society as a whole benefits from what growth companies and their investors are able to accomplish.
Responsibility in our daily operations
Responsible business is a competitive advantage and a prerequisite for long-term success.
- We invest in venture capital and buyout funds whose managers operate in accordance with the principles of responsible investment.
- We follow a systematic accountability assessment of our target fund managers. Every six months, we evaluate their responsibility policies, their integration into day-to-day operations, staff training and the level of reporting.
- Finnish fund management companies take responsibility well into account in their operations and are more familiar with ESG matters than their international competitors.
- Tesi acts as an advisor and as a general partner of the Kasvurahastojen Rahasto funds-of-funds that it manages through its subsidiary Tesi Fund Management Oy. Disclosures of Tesi Fund Management under the EU sustainable finance disclosure regulation (SFDR).
- In direct investments, we conduct an ESG assessment of the company, which seeks to identify the company’s key risks and opportunities related to environmental issues, social impact and governance, as well as areas for development.
- We promote responsible business through active board work and through working groups and committees. A member of the Board appointed by Tesi plays a significant role in corporate responsibility matters. The member must ensure that management understands the importance of corporate responsibility and its components, and that the company’s operations are at a sufficient level to safeguard the company’s value and long-term business opportunities.
Aiming for societal impact
We invest in companies and funds with the highest impact potential: the most promising companies grow the fastest and create new jobs and prosperity the most. Furthermore, we challenge ourselves and our portfolio companies and funds to consider how our actions and decisions affect the environment and society now and in the future.
We have selected five impact themes that are in line with the UN Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Within these themes, we support and encourage companies to solve the challenges of tomorrow:
Sustainable production and efficient use of resources, Case: Foamit Group
Sustainable consumption and cities, Case: Virta
Renewable energy and energy efficiency, Case: BMH Technology
Health and wellbeing, Case: Kaiku Health
Learning and equality, Case: HEI Schools