Are you interested in the Finnish economy and private equity market? Do you have an analytical and business-oriented mindset with a hands-on attitude? This might be your opportunity, so keep reading!
Tesi is now looking for new Investment Analyst Trainees for full-time, fixed-term (4-5months) positions. These traineeships will start at the beginning of January 2023 depending on your situation. In Tesi’s Fund Investment team you will support the team in all investment activities, including fund manager assessment, market & industry analysis and portfolio management. While if you work in Direct Investment teams you will work with both of Tesi’s direct investment teams that invest in tech-driven startups and internationalizing growth companies.
Investment Analyst Trainee, Direct Investments
Tesi’s Direct Investment teams are looking for an Investment Analyst trainee with an analytical mindset. You will work with both of our direct investment teams that invest in tech-driven startups and internationalizing growth companies. Your work tasks will include market research (e.g., data collection and analysis), target company analysis, and financial modeling (e.g., valuation). You will prepare meeting materials and presentations for decision-making together with team members. You will meet with and interview our potential and current portfolio companies.
Investment Analyst Trainee, Fund Investments
Tesi’s Fund Investment team is looking for an Investment Analyst trainee with an analytical and data-driven mindset. You will support the team in all investment activities, including fund manager assessment, market & industry analysis and portfolio management. You get the chance to analyze various themes within the venture capital and private equity market as well as Tesi’s portfolio and assist the team in the assessment of fund proposals. You will work in close cooperation with all the members of the team as well as co-workers across the whole company. We value a general understanding of company financials and economic development, but first and foremost we are looking for a person with an eye for detail and eagerness to learn.
With us, you will operate responsibly while aiming for a positive social impact, profitable investments, and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe that corporate responsibility is a competitive advantage for companies and a requirement for long-term success. We apply corporate responsibility at two levels: as choices made daily in our day-to-day work, and also as continuous, long-term development work. As an employer, Tesi believes in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business. We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds.
- Relevant university studies (3rd – 5th year) for example in (but not limited to) business, engineering, or similar fields
- Analytical and business-oriented mindset with a hands-on attitude
- Interest in the Finnish economy and private equity market
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
- We also consider previous experience from relevant positions an asset (including, but not limited to startups, business development, strategy consulting, or investment banking)
We offer you
- An excellent opportunity to learn about the venture capital and private equity industry
- Challenging and versatile projects from day one
- Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
- Our trainee alumni have gone on to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including start-ups, private equity funds, and management consulting companies
- Supportive and professional colleagues who boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas. The atmosphere is truly low hierarchical and the culture is very open and talkative.
- Comprehensive occupational health services as well as a lunch benefit. We support our employees’ well-being and cherish a good work-life balance.
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records at the latest 25th of September through aTalent’s website. Please specify in your cover letter which of the positions (Investment Analyst Trainee position in Direct Investments or Investment Analyst Trainee position in Fund Investments) would you be interested in. You can also apply for both positions. In this position, you will be directly employed by Tesi.
For more information about the Investment Analyst Trainee position in Direct Investments, please contact Tesi’s Investment Manager Jan-Patrick Haikkola (040 964 4527) on Monday 19.9. at 13:00-15:00.
For more information about the Investment Analyst Trainee position in Fund Investments, please contact Tesi’s Investment Analyst Jens Färm (040 566 0067) on Friday 16.9. at 14:00-16:00.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Talent Acquisition Partner Laura Seppä (0405579389, laura.seppa(at)atalent.fi) at following times: Friday 16.9. at 11:00-12:00 or Thursday 22.9.2022. at 10:30-11:30.
Tesi (Finnish Industry Investment Ltd) is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of transformative economic growth by investing in funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, together with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 2.4 billion euros. www.tesi.fi | @TesiFII