Tesi is now looking for an analytical trainee to join their development team! The traineeship will start preferably in August or latest at the beginning of September 2022 depending on your situation and it is a full-time, fixed-term position (5-6 months).
The development team of five works on Tesi’s company strategy, key development projects as well as information infrastructure, data and analytics. As a trainee, you will be supporting the development team in strategic planning, executing Tesi’s newly launched SME market survey: “Kasvuyrityspulssi” and designing and conducting PE/VC advanced analytics for the needs of investment teams. In your role, your main responsibility is the execution of the SME survey. You will get to plan the questionnaire, analyze and visualize data and gather all the findings, draw the conclusions and create an appealing presentation to be published. In addition, you will get to take part in a larger market analysis project focusing on private equity markets with colleagues from the investment teams. You can also participate in the sector-specific private equity and venture capital analysis by using Excel and BI tools as well as preparing different kinds of workshop materials.
You can familiarize yourself with Tesi’s market reports here.
Spirit & Guts
With us, you will operate responsibly while aiming for a beneficial social impact, profitable investments, and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe that responsibility is a competitive advantage for companies and a requirement for long-term success. We apply corporate responsibility at two levels: as choices made daily in our day-to-day work, and also as continuous, long-term development work. As an employer, Tesi believes in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business.
- Relevant university studies (3rd-5th year) for example in business, analytics, technology, or similar fields
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. from summer job) that has included analytics
- Motivation to work with data and ability to turn data analysis into meaningful outcomes for the target audience
- Independent and accurate working style
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of BI tools are seen as an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
We offer you
- Possibility to work across the organization with different investment teams and excellent opportunity to understand private equity market dynamics first hand
- Challenging and versatile projects from day one – You get to work with proprietary data that contains unique information about Finnish companies and analyze the development
- Opportunity to deepen your analysis skills and work with large data sets. You get to do modern analysis and visualizations with Tableau
- Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
- Our trainee alumni have gone to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including start-ups, private equity funds, and management consulting companies
- Supportive and professional colleagues who boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas
Take a look at the companies and fund investments we work with here.
Please note that the actual application form, as well as more detailed information, can be found in aTalent’s ad. The application deadline is 23 January.
Tesi (Finnish Industry Investment Ltd) is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of transformative economic growth by investing in funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, hand-in-hand with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 2.1 billion euros. www.tesi.fi | @TesiFII